Welcome back for summer term here at Guildhall! Hope that everyone had a lovely Easter break. We’ve pinched this photograph of Lakeside looking beautifully sunny from @guildhallschool Instagram – hoping we see a lot of this sort of weather this term!
This term looks set to be another busy one, with lots of classes and projects for the first year students, who will also be crewing the musical and the Opera Double Bill. They will also be doing another round of Associated Studies to learn some more skills across different departments.
Here’s some dates for the diary of what we’ll be up to this term:
- Sunday 29th April is our Whole School Undergraduate Open Day.
- The Opera Double Bill, featuring The Long Christmas Dinner and A Dinner Engagement will open on 4th June in the Silk Street Theatre.
- The Graduate Exhibition for the third year students to showcase their work ahead of going into the professional world will take place on the 6th and 7th June at Milton Court
- We will have a display at the ABTT Theatre Show at Alexandra Palace on 6th and 7th June.
- On the 7th June, the school will host our Technical Theatre Open Day.
- This years musical, Fiddler on the Roof, will open on 4th July in the Silk Street Theatre.
- We also have an Opera Makers production later in the term, presenting new work written by students from the MA in Opera Making and Writing in the Milton Court Studio.
The Stage Management department will also be running short courses over the summer for students who are 16+ and interested in learning a bit more about Stage Management or Opera Stage Management. More information on these can be found here.
Watch this space for photos and posts from students about the upcoming productions, rehearsals, classes and visits! Remember, you can also follow us on Instagram @GuildhallStageManagement or Twitter @GuildhallSM